Saturday, September 20, 2008

Web Conferences

In movies, I see online web conferences between two or three people talking about a situation within their company. Using a webcam make is so easy for me to contact and see my friends that may be in different countries. However, I do not see a web conference where hundreds of people are participating in.
Web conferences still seem a little wierd to me. I can see how a an online meeting withing a company could work, but I still cannot grasp the concept of the online conference. I feel as though conferences are so much more active. You visit exhibits, workshops, and networking nooks. It seems as though web conferences are becoming popular. I even cam across a website that promotes free web conferences, www.yugma.com. I really wonder how one goes about setting up such a conference in regards to fees and attendence. I would love to actually "attend" such a conference.

No comments: